Spiritual Standard and Statement of Faith
All NeKaMo Camp board and staff members serving in any capacity shall be committed to Christ and His service and seek to manifest the kind of life expressed in Romans 12:10-12, “Be devoted to one another with brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
- in one God, eternally existent and coequal in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John 14:16-17, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14.
- that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. Matthew 1:18-23.
- that the Scriptures of Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and are the final authority for faith and life. 2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12.
- that we were created in the image of God; that we have sinned, incurring both physical and spiritual death; and that all human beings are born in sin and that this sinful nature is the origin of all sinful acts in thought, word and deed. Genesis 1:26, Romans 5:12, Isaiah 59:2, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23.
- that the Lord Jesus Christ died as the atoning sacrifice for our sins, the just for the unjust, according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him are justified by grace through His shed blood. Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-9, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 3:18.
- that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit, becoming children of God. John 1:12, Galatians 3:26, John 3:16.
- in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit in illuminating, regenerating, indwelling, and sanctifying the Christian. Romans 8:14-16, John 16:13, 2 Thessalonians 2:13.
- that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Genesis 1:26-27.
- that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. Genesis 2:18-25. Matthew 19:1-9. Ephesians 5:22-33. Romans 1:18-32. Hebrews 13:4.
- in the bodily resurrection of Christ, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His present work as High Priest and advocate, and His personal return in power and glory. I Corinthians 15:3-4, Hebrews 4:14-16, I Thessalonians 4:16-17.
- in the bodily resurrection of the saved and the lost; the saved to everlasting life, and the lost to everlasting punishment. Acts 24:15, Revelation 20:15, Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:20-24.